RightFax Helps Healthcare Providers Meet HIPAA & ARRA Requirements
For many providers, RightFax has proved to be a vital bridge between the paper and digital worlds as well as a platform for maintaining critical, HIPAA compliant communications between providers not on the same EHR system. In some hospitals, fax machines, either on site or in remote clinics, have become the favored means of digitizing paper and routing documents into their EHR systems. Faxing into the EHR system is fast, familiar, convenient and secure. Not all people who need access to private health records can be on the same system, so it is extremely important to be able to fax health records directly from within the EHR and receive external documents as faxes into the system.
HIPAA and privacy security policies are enforced by centralizing services, enabling healthcare staff to send and receive faxes confidentially from email and other desktop, EMR, Ancillary, and back-office applications. RightFax offers:
- Automated electronic delivery of confidential patient information and required documentation
- Privacy and security compliance with certified or encrypted delivery
- Audit trail of healthcare information with reporting tools
The Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) section of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) is transforming the face of healthcare IT in the United States. To be eligible for the scheme’s funds, healthcare providers must demonstrate “meaningful use” of electronic health records.
RightFax works with the leading EHR systems to ensure that faxing and document distribution is seamless. These benefits include:
- Reduced space, time and people required for storage and retrieval of paper documents
- Supports compliance efforts through secure document delivery and improved data accuracy
- Elimination of manual data entry errors through automated importation of data
- Delivery of vital medical information to the right person at the right time
- Greater accuracy of reports, analysis and attestations
- Reduced average cost of unavailable or bad information to a doctor, estimated at $35k per doctor, per year
- Immediate availability of case-management repository of new care procedures and results
- Electronic review of orders, results and pharmaceutical history that can potentially reduce medical error and drug interaction conflicts
- Readily available information for utilization review of diagnostic procedures to determine the highest reimbursement
- Best medical practices dissemination through digital analysis of results and quality of care
This is part two of a four part white paper series.
To download the full series, click the link below.
Join Our Newsletter
If you would like to learn more or speak to one of our dedicated RightFax experts, please contact us using the request button below or call us directly at 866-730-1700.
Register for Exclusive Access to the
RightFax Resource Center
Sign-up to learn the ins and outs of your RightFax system and become a RightFax expert.