RightFax 10.6 is now tested and certified with Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) 10.5 and Unity Connection 10.
OpenText RightFax connects to telephony environments using Cisco Voice and Unified Communications Products through Plain Old Telephone Service (POTS) technology and using Fax-over-IP (FoIP) technologies. In a FoIP solution, OpenText RightFax can connect to Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Cisco IOS Voice Gateways, and Cisco Universal Gateways over IP networks. This integration to send and receive fax documents utilizes either Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) or H.323 and T.38 real-time Fax-over-IP.
Common document delivery solutions using OpenText RightFax and Cisco Voice and Unified Communications products consist of the following components:
- OpenText RightFax version 9.4 FP1 SR2 or later, containing either Dialogic® Brooktrout® SR140 software-only FoIP, or TR1034-series IP-enabled fax boards.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM)
- Cisco IOS Voice Gateways
Cisco Unity Connection can integrate with the Cisco Fax Server so that users can do the following while on the phone or while using the Connection Web Inbox (Connection 8.5 and later) or Messaging Inbox
- Receive faxes that are sent to the fax extension for the user. Depending on the system configuration, faxes will be available in the user mailboxes or in the user IMAP clients.
- Forward the faxes that they receive to a fax machine for printing.
- Forward the faxes that they receive to another user.
Join Our Newsletter
If you would like to learn more or speak to one of our dedicated RightFax experts, please contact us using the request button below or call us directly at 866-730-1700.
Register for Exclusive Access to the
RightFax Resource Center
Sign-up to learn the ins and outs of your RightFax system and become a RightFax expert.