Rightfax Error 3317 | Event Id
The following can occur:
- Excessive memory usage by SMTPGateway.exe is indicated in Task Manager
- the fax server is running slow
- Error messages that relate to connectivity and the SMTP server appear in Event Viewer
- Error messages that relate to undelivered SMTP messages appear in Event Viewer
- Work requests accumulate in GenMailRte and/or GenMailMsg
- Event 3317, RightFax Email Gateway Module:
- Unable to contact SMTP server- requeue for a later retry attempt.
- Returned error code 536875524 (0x20001204)
The following are possible causes:
- There is a loss of connectivity to the SMTP server
- An incorrect SMTP server address is configured in the gateway
- Incorrect authentication information is configured in the gateway
Perform the following steps:
- Check for a loss of connectivity to the SMTP server.
- Ensure that the correct SMTP server address is configured in the gateway.
- Ensure that the correct authentication information is configured in the gateway.
- Determine if RightFax has been excluded from virus scanning software.
Join Our Newsletter
If you would like to learn more or speak to one of our dedicated RightFax experts, please contact us using the request button below or call us directly at 866-730-1700.
Register for Exclusive Access to the
RightFax Resource Center
Sign-up to learn the ins and outs of your RightFax system and become a RightFax expert.