Excessive Memory Usage by the RightFax SMTP Gateway
The following can occur:
- Excessive memory usage by SMTPGateway.exe is indicated in Task Manager
- the fax server is running slow
- Error messages that relate to connectivity and the SMTP server appear in Event Viewer
- Error messages that relate to undelivered SMTP messages appear in Event Viewer
- Work requests accumulate in GenMailRte and/or GenMailMsg
Event 3317, RightFax Email Gateway Module:
Unable to contact SMTP server- requeue for a later retry attempt.
Returned error code 536875524 (0x20001204)
The following are possible causes:
- There is a loss of connectivity to the SMTP server
- An incorrect SMTP server address is configured in the gateway
- Incorrect authentication information is configured in the gateway
Perform the following steps:
- Check for a loss of connectivity to the SMTP server.
- Ensure that the correct SMTP server address is configured in the gateway.
- Ensure that the correct authentication information is configured in the gateway.
- Determine if RightFax has been excluded from virus scanning software.
SMTP gateway, memory, memory usage, memory leak, SMTP leak, SMTP troubleshooting