ummary: When you attempt to open a connection from Enterprise Fax Manager to a RightFax server on another computer, you may receive the following error message:
"Unable to read the registry of server SERVERNAME.
This is necessary to establish basic information about the NT server and
how to further communicate with the fax server software. (error code 53)."
Solution: The following items may prevent the remote registry access to a remote server, and will prevent viewing the server remotely from Enterprise Fax Manager:
1. The user account under which EFM.EXE is launched does not have Local Administrator rights on the server. This is the account you logged on to the server with when you launched Enterprise Fax Manager.
2. Remote Registry service is not running on the server you are trying to access.
3. The user running EFM.EXE is not in the Access Control List (ACL) for the following registry key on the server:
Note: By default local Administrators group is added to this ACL.
For more information, see the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
Article 153183: How to restrict access to the registry from a remote computer
4. The user, or the group to which the user belongs, has been added to Security Policy "Deny access to this computer from the network."
5. The user, or all groups to which the user belongs, have been removed from the Security Policy "Access this computer from the network."
Other issues that may cause this are related to Microsoft Windows security settings or policies, and may require the assistance of Microsoft Technical Support.