RightFax Application Servers
- Processor: 2 CPU (or Virtual Cores) required. 4 CPU (or Virtual Cores) recommended.
- Memory: 4GB RAM required. 8GB RAM recommended.
- Hard disk: Minimum free space is 10GB (1.2GB for installed programs). A 50GB (minimum) dedicated application disk for RightFax is recommended.
*Hard disk minimum requirements do not include space for storage of document images. To calculate needed disk space, OpenText recommends using an estimate of 35kb per page.
Additional Requirements for Physical Servers
- 2x 146 GB Hard Drives, Raid 1 (for better performance 3x 146GB, Raid 5) or greater.
- If ordering new fax boards, you will need an appropriate available slot for the card as follows:
- TR1034 boards with model numbers starting ‘TR1034+E’ have a low profile, half length PCI-Express form factor
- TR1034 boards with model numbers starting ‘TR1034+P’ have a full height, full length legacy PCI slot form factor
- TruFax 200E LP boards have a low profile, half length PCI-Express form factor
- TruFax 200-R boards have a full height, half length legacy PCI slot form factor
- If reusing previously purchased fax boards, please provide the full model number or serial number to your Advantage Representative to verify compatibility with current versions of RightFax and Windows Operating Systems, and to verify the physical form factor of the board. You will have to verify with the Physical Server vendor or manufacture whether the board can be accommodated.
*Expansion slots are only required if your RightFax configuration will include Brooktrout TR1034 or TruFax fax boards. Additionally, RightFax 16EP4 does not support the older Brooktrout TR114 Series fax boards.) Please provide your Advantage representative with your server’s PCI slot/riser card configuration to make sure the correct board is shipped.
Additional Server Requirements
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Messaging Queue (MSMQ) Server*
- Microsoft Primary Interoperability Assemblies 2005*
- Microsoft Visual C++ runtime components*
- Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) 7.5 or later
- Microsoft .NET 4.6 Framework*
- Microsoft Data Access Components*
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 or Microsoft Edge
- Microsoft Windows Installer 3.1*
- Crystal Reports 13.0 runtime* (used for FaxReporter)
- A Windows account to run RightFax services. The account you choose must be a member of the local administrators group and must have the right to logon as service on the local computer.
*Installed during RightFax setup
RightFax 16EP4 supports the following Microsoft Windows operating systems:
- Windows Server 2012 Standard x64
- Windows Server 2012 Datacenter x64
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard x64
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter x64
- Windows Server 2016 Standard x64
- Windows Server 2016 Datacenter x64
RightFax 16EP4 supports the following virtualization environments:
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- VMware ESX 3.01. or later.
- VMware vSphere 4.0 and later (includes support for VMotion)
- Citrix Xen Server 6.2 or later
Windows Server Failover Clustering Services
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2 Failover Clustering services are supported.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Failover Clustering
RightFax 16EP4 supports only the following technologies for transmitting and receiving faxes. Other board types or third party board or SR140 emulation technologies are not supported.
- Dialogic Embedded SR140
- Dialogic Brooktrout TR1034 series fax boards
- Dialogic Brooktrout TruFax (RoHS compliant) series fax boards
- RightFax Connect hybrid faxing with the cloud
RightFax Embedded SR140 and Dialogic Fax boards cannot run on the same RightFax DocTransport server.
Customers with legacy (pre-RightFax 10.0) SR140 software may continue to use that legacy software with RightFax 16EP4. If the customer adds any additional fax over IP channels to their RightFax 16EP4system, OpenText will upgrade the legacy SR140 licenses to Embedded SR140 licenses at no charge.
Microsoft Office Document Conversion
RightFax 16EP4 no longer requires Microsoft Office for conversion of Office 2013 and later format documents. However, legacy .doc format coversheets must be converted to .docx to use the built-in converter without Office.
For remote access or terminal services, RightFax 16EP4 supports the following products:
- Windows 2016
- Windows 2012 R2
- Windows 2012
- Citrix XenApp Client
RightFax Database Requirements
Microsoft SQL Server
RightFax 16EP4 supports the following Microsoft SQL Server products:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2016 Standard and Enterprise Editions
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Express, Standard and Enterprise Editions
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 R2 Standard and Enterprise Editions
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Standard and Enterprise Editions
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Express Edition
Note: OpenText follows the minimum hardware requirements specified by Microsoft. Customer implementations may require additional memory, disk space and processor resources beyond the minimum requirements specified by Microsoft.
RightFax Email Support
The RightFax Connector for Microsoft Exchange supports:
- Exchange Server 2016
- Exchange Server 2013
- Exchange Server 2010
- Microsoft Office 365
RightFax 16EP4 also supports processing of inbound fax calls detected and routed from an Exchange Server 2010 Unified Messaging server.
IBM Domino / Lotus Notes
RightFax 16EP4 supports:
- IBM Domino Server R9
- IBM Notes R9
- IBM Domino Server R7, R8, R8.5, R8.5.1, R8.5.2, and R8.5.3
- IBM Notes R7, R8, R8.5, R8.5.1, R8.5.2, and R8.5.3
- IBM Lotus Domino Web Access (iNotes)
- Lotus Domino Web Access 9
Other Server Components
Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS)
The following RightFax Web applications support Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) version 7.5 or later
- RightFax Certified Delivery (requires the RightFax SecureDocs Module)
- RightFax Web Admin
- RightFax Analytics
- RightFax Web Client
- RightFax SharePoint Web Service (requires SharePoint)
- RightFax Web Reporter
- RightFax Server Status Dashboard, a browser-based tool for viewing server statistic
Microsoft SharePoint Server
The RightFax Connector for Microsoft SharePoint supports:
- SharePoint 2016
- SharePoint 2013
RightFax Client Requirements
Client Operating Systems
RightFax 16EP4 client applications are supported on the following operating systems:
- Windows 10 x86 and x64
- Windows 8.1 x86 and x64
- Windows 7 x86 and x64
Internet Browser Requirement
Internet Explorer 11 or Microsoft Edge is required for RightFax Web applications. See the Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) section below for more information.
The RightFax Web Client and the Web Administration Tool are supported for use with additional web browsers, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari, running on Microsoft Windows or Apple OS operating systems.
RightFax 16EP4 supports the following versions of Microsoft Outlook:
- Outlook 2016
- Outlook 2013
- Outlook 2010
RightFax and non-OpenText Cloud Services
OpenText does not recommend installations of non-OpenText cloud services with RightFax. OpenText cannot support third party cloud extensions to RightFax, or any issues arising from the use of such services. Further, the installation of third party components may interfere with the ability for OpenText to properly investigate and diagnose whether technical issues are with RightFax or other cloud service provider(s). Ultimately, your RightFax performance and reliability is at risk with third party add-ons. Customers who require secure, scalable and supported hybrid faxing solutions are encouraged to evaluate OpenText RightFax Connect, a proven, effective and fully supported cloud-based communication for RightFax servers.
RightFax 16EP4 is supported in both AWS and Azure.
RightFax Program Files-Directories
- %Installation Path%\RightFax – and all subdirectories
- All paths found in RightFax Server Module -> Data Sharing Tab
- Product Connectors - <%Installation Path% on host machines. Please contact support for more info>
Operating System Exclusions
- Default Location – %SystemRoot%\SYSTEM32\SPOOL\PRINTERS
- Default Location– %windir%\system32\msmq\storage
Service Account Profile
%windir%\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop â€“ if this location does not exist, create
%windir%\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\desktop â€“ if this location does not exist, create %Local Settings%\temp\
Best Practices for Antivirus Exclusion in Windows Server
Communication and Load Balancer Port Exclusions and Mappings
RightFax Applications (Firewall Exclusions and Load Blancer Ports):
Please note these exclusions and mappings are for network ports hosted by RightFax. The assumption is no outbound ports will be blocked for communication to other hosts. Documentation and instruction on configuring strict firewall controls may require Professional Services.
Required Ports (Firewall and/or Load Balancer):
Server Module(client access): TCP/10520-10521
Web Apps (WebClient, WebUtil): TCP/80, TCP/443 (for https)
- SMB: TCP/445
Required Firewall-Only Ports:
Remoting: TCP/36363, TCP/34987-34988
SR140/OEM Channel Application: …\RightFax\DocTransport\Brooktrout\bostsrv.exe
Optional Ports (Firewall and/or Load Balancer):
EDC/SMTP MFP Connector: TCP/25
LPD Print Services: TCP/515
Optional Firewall-Only Ports:
Remote DocTransport: TCP/10062
- RightFax 16EP4 no longer requires Microsoft Office for conversion of Office 2013 and later format documents. However, legacy .doc format coversheets must be converted to .docx to use the built-in converter without Office.