RightFax & EMR / EHR Integrations
Communicate between EMRs with RightFax
OpenText RightFax has a long-standing history as the fax server of choice for a variety of healthcare information systems (HIS). For electronic records, many organizations fax directly from their EMR or EHR, eliminating the need to print records while keeping a complete audit trail of sent information.
To get started with a RightFax system and your EMR, all you need is a properly configured RightFax server and to set up your EMR/EHR for faxing. Several market-leading EMR/EHR systems already know how to use RightFax to send faxes. RightFax can also be configured to securely route received faxes containing PHI to specific departments/individuals in digital form, protecting PHI better than traditional fax machines and eliminating the need for paper.
Remember, if documents are showing up at a fax machine in a public area—a busy nursing station, for example—they are vulnerable to being seen or even stolen by unintended recipients. Patient information is protected by law and strict regulations like HIPAA and HITECH govern how healthcare institutions must handle and store them. Also, failure to produce a requested document can result in crippling fines and a loss of patient confidence.
OpenText fax and document distribution solutions can help address the challenge of delivering medical records and other documents by providing the tools to electronically send and receive documents from the desktop and by automating delivery of medical records and documents from a variety of clinical and back-office applications, intuitively organizing them for quick retrieval and archiving.
This provides healthcare organizations with the flexibility to securely distribute virtually any document from any application, using a centralized fax and document delivery solution.
- Extend existing platforms and applications with OpenText™ RightFax™ to eliminate error-prone, time-consuming and inefficient manual processes
Reduce Manual Processes
- Automate delivery, receipt and tracking of sent and received patient information
- Lower the cost of paper, toner, file storage, fax machines and fax machine maintenance
Improve HIPAA Compliance
- Increase confidence that sensitive health information reaches its intended recipient using notifications and options for encrypted and certified delivery
- Enable audit trail of sent and received faxes
Enhance Patient Service Levels
- Improve health information tracking and storage
- Accelerate scheduling, follow-up and claims processing
RightFax Helps Healthcare Providers Meet HIPAA & ARRA RequirementsFor many providers, RightFax has proved to be a vital bridge between the paper and digital worlds as well as a platform for maintaining critical, HIPAA compliant communications between providers not on the same EHR system. In some hospitals, fax machines, either on site or in remote clinics, have become the favored means of digitizing paper and routing documents into their EHR systems. Faxing into the EHR system is fast, familiar, convenient and secure. Not all people who need access to private health records can be on the same system, so it is extremely important to be able to fax health records directly from within the EHR and receive external documents as faxes into the system. HIPAA and privacy security policies are enforced by centralizing services, enabling healthcare staff to send and receive faxes confidentially from email and other desktop, EMR, Ancillary, and back-office applications. RightFax offers:
- Automated electronic delivery of confidential patient information and required documentation
- Privacy and security compliance with certified or encrypted delivery
- Audit trail of healthcare information with reporting tools
- Reduced space, time and people required for storage and retrieval of paper documents
- Supports compliance efforts through secure document delivery and improved data accuracy
- Elimination of manual data entry errors through automated importation of data
- Delivery of vital medical information to the right person at the right time
- Greater accuracy of reports, analysis and attestations
- Reduced average cost of unavailable or bad information to a doctor, estimated at $35k per doctor, per year
- Immediate availability of case-management repository of new care procedures and results
- Electronic review of orders, results and pharmaceutical history that can potentially reduce medical error and drug interaction conflicts
- Readily available information for utilization review of diagnostic procedures to determine the highest reimbursement
- Best medical practices dissemination through digital analysis of results and quality of care
The Market-leading Enterprise Fax Server Solution
The premiere enterprise fax server solution, with over 100,000 installations worldwide.
We're Here To Help!
575 Lexington Ave.
New York, NY 10022
Register for Exclusive Access to the
RightFax Resource Center
Sign-up to learn the ins and outs of your RightFax system and become a RightFax expert.