Security & Compliance
Enhancing Workflow Efficiency with RightFax
With the recent rise of cybersecurity attacks, organizations know the importance of preparing for data breaches related to protected information. This means not just preparing for regulatory compliance but developing strategies to avoid the costly disruptions and damages that can be caused by breaches.
RightFax helps organizations reduce their risk significantly by helping to eliminate errors commonly associated with manual processes, delivering encrypted files via secure fax with certified delivery, and integrating vertical applications for increased privacy. This aids organizational efforts to comply with regulations such as:
- ARRA Meaningful Use
- Gramm-Leach Bliley
- Basel II
- PCI DSS
As the most powerful fax server in the industry, RightFax ensures content remains private and does not sit in open public areas with unauthorized access.
With point-to-point transmissions that are immune to viruses, malware, and interception, RightFax provides comprehensive security options to help maintain compliance and requirements for protected information.
Increased Compliance through Security & Privacy
- Secure and trusted form of information exchange
- Point-to-point transmissions are immune to viruses, malware, and interception (unlike email transmissions)
- Help maintain compliance with regulations such as HIPAA, Sarbanes-Oxley, and other information governance requirements
- Ensure digital fax content remains private and does not sit in open public areas with unauthorized access
- Verify document transmission and track fax history with full audit trail
- Ensure compliance with US Department of Defense interoperability and security standards with Joint Interoperability Test Command (JITC) certification
HIPAA Compliance & RightFax
Most healthcare organizations comprehend the importance of Protected Health Information (PHI) and strive to never purposely place patient information at risk. However, with many healthcare providers facing time constraints tied directly to required billable hour and healthcare services, there is little time for them to be an IT or legal expert.
The resulting fines from a HIPAA violation or data breach can carry the power to incapacitate an entire organization with long-lasting consequences.
How RightFax Helps
Using RightFax, organizations can secure the sharing of PHI–both electronic and paper-based records and setup faxing directly from their EMR or EHR–eliminating the need to print records while keeping a complete audit trail of sent information.
For many healthcare providers, RightFax is an essential part of their regulatory compliance regime because it provides a centralized communications hub and helps restrict access to PHI.
- Offering certified and encrypted electronic document delivery options
- Recording inbound and outbound faxes for a full audit trail
- Providing tamper-resistant document delivery and receipt
- Improving health information tracking and storage
Key RightFax Capabilities
For many providers, RightFax has proved to be a vital bridge between the paper and digital worlds as well as a platform for maintaining critical, HIPAA compliant communications between providers not on the same system.
Key RightFax capabilities include:
- Fax directly from almost any desktop application, EMR system, or practice management software.
- Eliminate manual faxing processes.
- Manage confidential information in a secure, reliable, and electronic format.
Not all people who need access to private health records can be on the same system, so it is extremely important to be able to fax protected data directly from familiar tools and receive external documents as faxes into the system.
With RightFax, faxing and document distribution is seamless.
Encrypting Faxes with RightFax
Information security remains one of the most significant concerns for organizations worldwide. Internal breaches and external threats plague all businesses, but those that exchange protected, confidential and private information are particularly at risk. The extra layer of protection provided by RightFax add-on modules adds even more security to a RightFax fax server implementation.
RightFax Encryption Module
The RightFax Encryption module encrypts all data at rest with TripleDES 192-bit security and supports PCI-DSS and HIPAA compliance, making it important for those exchanging protected or sensitive information.
Prevent Unauthorized Access
Encrypting fax images at rest can protect your organization from unauthorized access to data from anyone who has permissions and the ability to bypass the full audit capabilities of RightFax. While RightFax provides a full audit trail, RightFax can only audit access of faxes if they are viewed through the system.
- Administrators can accidentally or unintentionally access information by browsing the stored PHI file directly, leaving your organization at risk for fines
- Computer hardware sent for repair or discarded can contain PHI which can be accessed by repair technicians or the new hardware user
- On-boarding or training processes may unintentionally gives system users access to file system storage
With the Encryption Module, access to encrypted images is only allowed from the RightFax client through the RightFax API, and a full audit trail is collected.
Encrypt Faxes at Rest
Add a layer of protection for fax images by encrypting all fax images at rest while they are stored in the RightFax Image Directory or SQL Image Storage Module. This module adds a layer of security by preventing any unauthorized viewing of fax images in the RightFax Image Directory structure.
With AES 256-bit security, your fax images are encrypted at rest to satisfy information security or regulatory requirements like PCI DSS or HIPAA.
RightFax Encryption Module and Secure SIP Channels together will protect your faxes both at rest and in transit providing you with the highest security all the way down.
Strengthen Compliance and Reduce Risk
RightFax allows organizations to report from a single audit trail for faxes, files and documents. Proof of compliance is stored in RightFax and can be integrated into ERP hosts, email and document archives, and almost any system.
- Safekeep files on your own RightFax server, not the Internet as with Web-based file delivery services
- Secure all files behind the firewall, outside of the DMZ, not on the Web server, accessible only via secure API calls
- Convert documents to encrypted PDF files automatically, and deliver via certified delivery or as email attachments
Secure FoIP Channels
When utilizing Fax over IP (FoIP), the new RightFax Secure FoIP channels secures and encrypts fax traffic within the firewall. This new channel option introduces support for TLS over SIP, where TLS provides endpoint authentication by using mutual or two-way authentication on a hop-by-hop basis.
RightFax organizations can upgrade their existing RightFax FoIP channels to RightFax Secure FoIP channels. Depending on their telephony infrastructure and security requirements, new RightFax customers have many channel options, including traditional hardware-based fax boards, RightFax FoIP channels and RightFax Secure FoIP channels.
Secure SIP channels will encrypt your faxes in motion between your RightFax server and your gateway (Cisco, Avaya, Sonus, Dialogic).
Secure SIP Channels
RightFax Secure SIP Channels is an enhanced FOIP channel that will support TLS 1.2 encryption of your faxes in motion between your RightFax server and your gateway (Cisco, Avaya, Sonus, Dialogic).
Plug & Play Functionality
This “plug-and-play” module can be integrated within minutes by connecting via Fax over IP (FoIP) with a SIP Trunk.
New channel option introduces support for TLS over SIP. TLS provides endpoint authentication by using mutual or two-way authentication on a hop-by-hop basis.
Increase the Security of your RightFax System
Learn more about our most popular RightFax security options to support compliance goals:
The Encryption Module
Prevent any and all unauthorized access to fax images by encrypting faxes at rest.
Secure FoIP Channels
Protect yourself from internal and external threats by encrypting faxes while in motion.
Shared Services Module
Allow multiple servers to share a single common database and distribute workloads across the servers.
SQL Image Storage Module
Simplify your network environment and promote fax image high availability.
We're Here To Help!
575 Lexington Ave.
New York, NY 10022
Register for Exclusive Access to the
RightFax Resource Center
Sign-up to learn the ins and outs of your RightFax system and become an expert.